Donbass Arena - Donetsk
The Donbass Arena is the home ground of the 2009 UEFA Cup winners Shakhtar Donetsk who play in the Ukrainian Premier League. Construction of the stadium was finished in 2009 at a cost of £255 million (€300 million). The stadium will be able to hold just over 50,000 spectators during the European Championships and has been given a UEFA Elite 5 Star Stadium rating.
The stadium is located in the city of Donetsk in the eastern part of the Ukraine on the Kalmius river. It is known as the unofficial capital of the country and has a population in the region of just under 1 million people.
Euro 2012 Matches
The arena will be used for three Group D matches, as well as playing host to a quarter-final and semi-final match.
- France v England - Monday, 11th June (17:00)
- Ukraine v France - Friday, 15th June (17:00)
- England v Ukraine - Tuesday, 19th June (19:45)
- Spain v France Saturday 23rd June
- SF: Winner of quarter final on 21st June vs winner of quarter final on 23rd June - 27th June
Distances to other Euro 2012 venues
Metalist Stadium, Kharkiv – 218 miles (350km)
Olympic Stadium, Kyiv – 503 miles (810km)
Ukraina Stadium, Lviv – 833 miles (1,340km)
National Stadium, Warsaw – 1000 miles (1,610km)
Stadion Miejski, Poznan – 1199 miles (1,930km)
Municipal Stadium, Wroclaw – 1218 miles (1,960km)
PGE Arena, Gdansk – 1218 miles (1,960km)
- Field Dimensions: 105m x 68m
- Capacity: 51,504
- 471 toilets
- 333 wash basins
- 4300 tonnes of steel were used for construction (approx)
- 3800 tonnes of steel were used for the roof structure (approx)