Republic of Ireland Odds
Ireland have only qualified on two occasions for the European Championships. The first was back in 1988 when they were knocked out in the group stages and the second was a few months ago after they beat Estonia 5-1 on aggregate in the Euro 2012 play-offs.
Ireland were outclassed in Euro 2012 Group C, losing all three of their matches. They got off to a poor start with a 3-1 defeat to Croatia, which was followed by a 4-0 thrashing by Spain and then a 2-0 loss to Italy.
Euro 2012 Group C Matches
All times are BST (British Summer Summer)
The Republic lead from the back having one of the Premier League's best goalkeepers in Shay Given. They also have a formidable forward in Robbie Keane who has scored over 50 goals for his country. However, their main strength is their teamwork and passionate supporters who roar them on no matter what.
Republic of Ireland European Championships Previous Form
In Ireland's only previous appearance in the Championships in 1988 they failed to make it out of the group stages.
Republic of Ireland Squad
Ireland's 23-man squad for Euro 2012:
Sean St Ledger
Republic of Ireland Group B Qualification Results
- Armenia 0-1 Republic of Ireland
- Republic of Ireland 3-1 Andorra
- Republic of Ireland 2-3 Russia
- Slovakia 1-1 Republic of Ireland
- Republic of Ireland 2-1 Macedonia
- Macedonia 0-2 Republic of Ireland
- Republic of Ireland 0-0 Slovakia
- Russia 0-0 Republic of Ireland
- Andorra 0-2 Republic of Ireland
- Republic of Ireland 2-1 Armenia
Play Off Result
- Estonia 0-4 Republic of Ireland
- Republic of Ireland 1-1 Estonia